Estate Planning is an ongoing process that enables you to transfer property in a tax efficient manner to your beneficiaries during your lifetime and at death. It provides the comfort of knowing your intentions will be honored and your loved ones will have been provided for. We listen to our clients needs and goals, then educate and guide them through the process. We help them understand their options and enable them to make the right decisions for themselves. When we meet with their attorney, the client is prepared for the conversation.
Key discussion points in Estate Planning include:
- Estimating estate taxes on the federal and state level.
- Avoiding unnecessary taxation by identifying problems and seizing tax saving opportunities.
- Ensuring there are enough funds available to pay taxes without selling property or a business at distressed prices to pay the taxes.
- Reviewing the plans for property transfer for changes and accuracy.
- Considering the following: providing for heirs in terms of income for the desired lifestyle, providing for education needs, and providing for a special needs child.
- Legal documents–trusts, wills, power of attorney, living wills and health proxies.
- Life insurance needs
- Gifting strategies
- Use of trusts
- Charitable giving
- Family partnerships and businesses